Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Quiet Book

Under the sea page. This is the last page
I've done. I have so many more ideas so,
I'm just finishing it a little bit at a time.




Clock page. The Hands move around.

Inner Pocket behind the clock.

When Lauryn gets older we can set the time and

she would write in the right time.

The pictures are out of order. This is the back
of the book. I just put an old jean pocket on to hold
some extra stuff.

Living things page. She has to match the living things.


Pocket Detail.



Planets! There is a orbit ring for every planet. I kept Pluto on! Poor Pluto!
The planets can be put on fingers too! Lauryn loves that part!


Outer Space! The rocket ship moves up and down
the string and the astronaut can explore
outside of the ship.


Bryan requested this snowboarding page. He even
cut out the rails and the black diamond sign.





Family Tree! I love this page! It was so much fun to make!


Match the shapes page.


The Car Page. I just went to the dollar store and
bought the smallest (but not small enough to choke on) cars.


The Farm Pages. The Barn has a clear pocket
to hold the animals.


Close up of Farm Animal. I just used felt on the back.
The felt sticks perfectly to the fabric page.
This is the Front of Lauryn's Quiet book. I hope
this has been fun to look at and maybe it's inspired you to make
your own version. I used a lot of heat n bond, thread, felt, and time!
Most of the fabric I used was designed by my husbands Aunt Kari Pearson.
She has a fabric company called KP Kids and Co.

5 comments:

k said...

Kate! This is the coolest book ever! Lauryn is one lucky girl to have such an awesome and talented mama! I love it girl. I love the creativity...you have great ideas and do such fun work with fabrics and artistic stuff!

Sabrina said...

This is really neat. You should be proud.

The Osborns said...

I love this book! My dad has one that is ancient he used to play with as a kid and I've always wanted to copy it- now I know it can be done! I'm sure mine won't be as cute as your's!!

Betsy said...

I have done a Quiet book also and have linked you as a place to go for more ideas.
http://mommysgreat.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-gifts-unveiled.html

Tammy said...

I know this is such an old post but I am making my son a solar system page and trying to make the planets orbit and for the life of me can't figure out how to keep them "moveable" and still keep the orbit path in tact and not obstructing movement. Would you mind sharing any tips? Thank you. Awesome work - so cool.