Monday, June 4, 2012

Farm Chicks 2012: Find what you LOVE!

This year farm chicks started out a bit dreary and wet! All my fun plans for the morning went out the window as it was pouring out! We thought we would make a fashion statement by wearing bright green ponchos to help keep us dry.

{the only photo of us before the show, thanks Cierra!}

All was well once we stepped in to Farm Chicks heaven as early birds. We take our Farm Chicks Fashion very seriously. Here we are in the outfits we had picked out weeks before. We even made hex nut bracelets!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Here's my farm chicks jean jacket!
Photobucket


One piece of Farm Chicks advice: Have a plan. Know what you are looking for! Have color swatches from your home. Photobucket



Here is my friend, Serena! Thank you for all your hard work! We LOVE you!
Photobucket



I wanted to try and really capture this year's theme: Find what you love. I really enjoyed watching those around me search through each booth to find their treasures.

Every year I goto farm chicks I never really have much of a budget to buy but a few small things. It never really bothers me because what I come away from the show with is something priceless. Here are a few examples of those priceless things:
1.Having a weekend getaway with friends and family.
2. No little ones! :)
3. Spending one whole day at the Farm Chicks show!
4. Getting to know other Farm Chicks!
5. Being reunited with all the lovely vendors!
6. Getting to photograph all the things I love!
7. Being inspired by so many creative and talented women!


Photobucket


Photobucket

Here's this years entry art piece!
Photobucket

Loved this whimsical mime.
Photobucket

Soft tones of Tiffany blue!
Photobucket

Baby Farm Chick in training.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


We ended the day with Texas Road House in true Farm Chick Fashion.
Photobucket

Happy Trails! Until next year!


10 comments:

elaine said...

Great post with fun, fun, fun, fun pics! my typewriter made the cut! So good to see you, my friend!

amy of studio four corners said...

exquisite photos!!!

Simply Bungalow said...

Beautiful pictures. Looks like an amazing show!
~Heidi

Cindy said...

I found your blog via Amy of Four Corners Design. I love your blog, so sweet and fun! I look forward to reading more!

Cindy said...

It was so nice meeting you this afternoon at Lena!! Hopefully we'll run into each other more in the future. This is a great post....I for sure need to go to the show next year...I've put it off long enough!

Thanks for your great little blog! I love it, and it's so fun to recognize the people and places you show!! Don't you just love Moscow!!

~ Cindy Schneider

Anonymous said...

This was my first year and it was so much fun! I think I enjoyed the fashion as much as the finds! ♥

{Cherie Chic} said...

I am Crying!!! I want a cute little head band and hex bracelet... I want to be standing in the middle of farm chicks right now! Seriously tears, real TEARS, are running... Never again will I miss this happy day. I'm so sad I missed all the fun with my best friends. I love you!

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing
Ciao Rita

The Little Red Shop said...

Super fun! I think I saw y'all at the show.

: )

Julie M.

Jenny said...

Makes me homesick. :( Thanks for the great pictures!