Friday, March 4, 2011

"Meet My Friend Kale"- the hoopster

Katelyn's Kale Wrap



Photobucket

1 tsp olive oil
1 chopped clove of garlic
1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds



Photobucket

Saute on medium high heat until light brow.


Photobucket

Add 2 cups Chopped Kale off the stock, 1 tablespoon water, dash of lemon juice, salt, and pepper.



Photobucket

Saute for about 3 min until wilted. It will turn a beautiful deep green color.


Photobucket

Add to a warm tortilla or eat it plain. I add 1/3 cup brown rice to mine. A total of 295 Calories. It keeps me full for a very long time! I was shocked how flavorful this was. I love it and I eat it all the time for lunch.

Hope you enjoy! xo- katelyn

PS- I got my precooked brown rice at Costco. You can also precook your own and freeze it! Also, I use organic tortillas from our local Co-Op. They are made locally and taste amazing!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Jane said...

ya, this is cool. i dig this.

Anonymous said...

that looks Yummy.

wish we could have afternoon lunch dates and cook together. and craft too of course!

krystal said...

yummmmmmmmmm! i'm so glad i have your genius recipe now. i was telling michelle all about it and how delicious it was. can't wait to make is for myself!