Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lova Mae Watts

(warning: all photos in this post were taken with a point and shoot)

Not but 2 weeks after we were in McCall, we were back. This time just dropping by as we headed down to southern Idaho for my grandmother's funeral. We stopped at My Father's Place again. How could we not!?!

And yes, I was reading the Hunger Games at the time.

Photobucket


We drove through Boise.


Photobucket


We drove along the river and stopped a few times. Here's the proof.
(go little point and shoot!!!)

Photobucket

I was so grateful I could attend my grandmother's funeral. I Love my Grandma so much. She wasn't just my grandma she was my mother's mom. My mother means the world to me and how grateful I was that I could be there for her.

During the viewing that morning, we sat and waited for the family prayer. Hugs were exchanged and we talked with many family members we had not seen in years. At one point I was brought to tears when a dear family friend walked through the door. Lynette has been my mother's best friend for years. I was so happy to see her, I just hugged her and cried.

My Uncle gave the family prayer before we were to enter into the chapel for the funeral service. At this point I was a wreak. Tears streamed down my face as I listened to my Uncles strong and steady voice pour out his love and testimony to our Father in Heaven. My cousin put her arm around me to comfort me.

My grandmother was a very faithful woman. When we would visit, I would always notice her kneeling down at her bedside to pray at night. She had a strong testimony of the restored gospel on this earth. She knew of the wonderful blessings the Temple brings. Eternal Families.

It was hard to say good bye to my grandmother however, I know that I will see her again.

Families are Forever.



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Me and my cousin Janel.

Photobucket

My Grandma's Home.

Photobucket


The swing on the side of her house.

Photobucket



Great Grand Parents

Photobucket


Her Piano.
Photobucket


1 comment:

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

This is a beautiful post Kate.